Thursday, February 19, 2015

Try WSPR on 160 meters

WSPR this morning on 160 meters 5W end fed antenna

It’s a pity that WSPR activity is low on 160 meter. Low frequencies are very interesting. I would like MF and LF also but I do not have equipment for those bands. But with a wire you can tune, with an antenna tuner, for 160 meters. I tune my 3 band end fed wire for 160m. And it works. Outside G, PA, DL, F and OZ no activity. Propagation was very good this morning and I wonder how far my signal could come. But there are no spotters. Just give it a try. You will be amazed.

Activity this morning on 160m

4 comments:

  1. Hallo Paul, gisterenavond was het ook vrij druk op 160m JT65. Misschien ook leuk om daar eens te kijken. Ik kwam er te laat achter en heb maar 1 QSO gemaakt, maar er zaten veel meer stations met sterke signalen op. 73, Bas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hallo Bas, WSPR lukt het best met deze antenne. Met JT65 heb ik een keer een qso gemaakt met een Zweed. Maar CW en SSB is niks. Wel vaak geprobeerd met CW maar nog een antwoord gehad op 160 meter. 73 Paul

      Delete
  2. Hello Paul, I just put up a 160m dipole last weekend. I will try WSPR on 160m with 1 watt here next week after the contest weekend and post the results on my website. . I have worked quite a few stations here in the states last week on 160m using JT65 and 5 watts. I moved to a new house last year and now have room for 160m antennas. 73, Dave K5MQ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dave, a good job, 160 meter is a nice band. Especially in winter time. I didn't have space enough for a desirable 160 meter antenna. My end fed is only 11,5 meters long ;-) 73 Paul

      Delete

Popular Posts