Tuesday, February 11, 2014

First time phone VK

I was searching for contacts on the CW part of 40m. But they were jamming each other in the DX part of the band. I saw coming along: QSY you pig & Idiot. Well, what should I say about it... A new kind of conduct? Anyway, I tried SSB for instance and moved up to 20m. My phone contacts are very few. But I worked RM22WG and OH4JVC. On 14.345 MHz I heard CS7/PD0HNL (50 watts) working VK2GWK (Henk) in Dutch. So I thought maybe I can give a call. I never worked VK with phone before. I was running 50 watts. Well, he did hear me! Wow, that's really great. Later on I cranked up the power to 100 watts to make it a little easier for Henk to copy me. I was not that strong 43 report, so I needed a little more power. We had a nice chat, and he lived in The Netherlands near my village. Henk was running 1 KW into a 3 el. yagi. This QSO made my day.

And a very quick confirmation with eQSL.

6 comments:

  1. Great VK contact, Paul.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dick, thanks. 73 Paul

      Delete
  2. Hallo Paul, Henk was ook mijn eerste VK in 2006 geloof ik. Heb hem ook nog gesproken Zondag tijdens de PACC op 20m. Gefeliciteerd. Je kan een eQSL downladen op zijn eigen site! Ga maar eens kijken...eQSL doet hij ook aan, ik denk dat je hem al hebt ondertussen. 73, Bas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hallo Bas, hij kijkt echt uit naar Nederlandse en Belgische stations. Grappig dat hij ook jouw eerste VK contact was. 73 Paul

      Delete
  3. Geweldig Paul!
    Een mooiere doorstart kun je niet maken. Hier doen we het voor nietwaar.
    73 Hans, PE1BVQ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hallo Hans, precies! En vanmiddag op 17m Indonesiƫ. Een nieuwe DXCC voor mij. 73 Paul

      Delete

Popular Posts