Thursday, November 7, 2013

Uzbekistan

Radio activity is a little low on this side. I have a lot of other things to do. Most of the time I let WSPR run on 10 meter at daytime and on 160 m at night. All this to avoid dust on my rig. This morning I was listening on 10 meters and I heard UK8OWW from Uzbekistan on 28.005 MHz calling CQ. I realized that I never worked Uzbekistan before, so it’s a new DXCC for me. Not that I am a DXCC chaser, but a new one is always nice. It’s my 126 DXCC, in 5 years’ time. After my absence of 30 years I started all over again in 2008. Yeah, I know some of you worked 126 DXCC or more in one weekend with contesting. But not me. Okay, Uzbekistan is in my log now.

I took this picture just outside our village. Yes, it's autumn time here. Rain, windy and nice clouds.

4 comments:

  1. Altijd mooi Uzbekistan, hoor je niet alle dagen. Wat een prachtige foto, als je goed kijkt zie je ook de zonnestralen. Ik houd wel van dit soort luchten. Prachtig en dreigend. 126 DXCC in 5 jaar is niet gek hoor. Ik zit nu op 208 DXCC in 15 jaar, deel het door 3 dan kom je veel lager uit per 5 jaar ;-) Er zijn er ook die over de 300 DXCC in 4 jaar werken bijv. EI2KC. 73, Bas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hallo Bas, ik ben al blij met een zo'n DX-tje op een dag. Mooie luchten daar houd ik wel van. Deze kwam aanzetten, ik dacht dat wordt flink wat regen en het werd steeds donkerder. Maar het bleef droog en deze wolkenband dreef gewoon weer weg. 73 Paul

      Delete
  2. Good evening Paul, very nice shot of the stormy clouds just outside your town. It looks like that here as well but no rain the snow has started to fall. It is not staying on the ground as of yet but it was on my car. Very nice contact as well I have never made it into that part of the world as of yet. Maybe the Alexloop will surprise me and get me over that way.
    Have a nice weekend
    Mike

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mike, just one month to go, and winter is here. But not all the leaves are gone yet. 73 Paul

      Delete

Popular Posts