Thursday, November 21, 2013

RF issue

With my old internet modem and router I always had problems with RF. It shuts down my internet connection when I cranked up the power, remedy: I placed a lot of ferrite rings which was adequate. The new router/modem does really good. Only one ferrite ring at the AC cable of the modem was enough. I tested up to 50 watts (I never use more) on all HF bands without any problem. On left the photo of my small shack. I added an old HP notebook as second display for digi modes.


My antennas as it is now. On top of the roof the small vertical for 2m / 70 cm, at the right my 6 meter vertical and left my end fed wire as sloper. For the time being it stays that way.


6 comments:

  1. Hallo Paul, heb zelf ook een alles in 1 modem. Loopt internet (draadloos), TV en telefoon op. Die van jou gaat via de kabel (Ziggo) die van mij via ADSL (KPN). Die ferriet ring zit bij mij standaard al in de voedingslijn. Heb er voor de zekerheid ook 1 in de lijn naar de TV hangen. Heb ook nog nooit storing ondervonden in TX of RX van het ding. 73, Bas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hoi Bas, ik heb ook geen storing van mijn eigen TV, wat je nog wel eens hoort zo hier en daar. Misschien dat wel de echte plasma TV's die storen maar die zijn ook weer op hun retour. 73 Paul

      Delete
  2. Good evening Bas it's great that the new modem was an easy fix with one ferrite ring. I have found that more than one display is very helpful in the shack.
    Mike

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mike, I was happy that just one ferrite ring was enough. Have a nice weekend. 73 Paul

      Delete
  3. Hi Paul. that is quite a bit of antenna up there. Have you noticed any interaction from those antennas? I put 17M and 20M Par end fed wires up and noted that SWR really increased when they were both hanging. Couldn't tune them properly. That is the main reason I only have the 20M Par up now. Had to settle for one wire only. 73 Dick

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dick, I didn't noticed no interaction between the antennas. The end fed is perfectly tuned for 40, 20 and 10 meters. The 6 meter vertical is also in tuned with 1:1 SWR. 73 Paul

      Delete

Popular Posts