Friday, October 18, 2013

HF vertical with an end fed wire

I bought a fiberglass GFK pole 11,5 meters long (collapsed 1,5m) for attaching an end fed wire. I still had a 20m (10m long) end fed and put it up as a vertical. This idea comes from Hans PE1BVQ to buy this pole at Elektrodump (51 euros) I removed the 6 meter vertical and replaced it for this ‘vertical’ the used end fed (my holiday antenna) is tuned for 20m, but with my MFJ-925 antenna tuner I can tune it from 80-10m with a good flat SWR. Of course I don’t know what the efficiency will be. But, as always I test my antennas using WSPR. My other end fed is a multiband for 40-20-10m as a sloper. Highest point 7 meters. Both are not made for 80 m only tuned with the ant tuner. So this morning on 80m. Already I had good results yesterday. I did a short test with time real close to each other. Best DX with the ‘vertical’ overall. With the sloper I was also spotted ‘nearby’ . Lowest distance 153 km. With the vertical was the lowest distance: 344 km. Maybe it has to do with a lower radiation angle of the ‘vertical’ position of the end fed. Best DX was almost 2000 km at 80m this morning. I will do more tests on other band next week. By trial and error. The vertical endure wind gusts up to 90km/h so far.


The graphic shows the comparison with both antennas.


Results on 10 meter tonight.

6 comments:

  1. Hallo Paul,
    Dat heb je snel gedaan, de GFK mast staat er al en werkt ook nog goed!.
    Ik had bij Bas al wat info geschreven over de GFK mast. Moet je daar maar even lezen.
    Resultaten bij jou zijn erg goed. Ik ben benieuwd hoe hij gaat bevallen. Op de hogere banden zal hij het vaak beter doen dan de sloper.
    Veel succes ermee.
    73 Hans, PE1BVQ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hallo Hans, naar aanleiding van jouw commentaar bij Bas heb ik dat ook gedaan. Schappelijke prijs voor die mast. Ik ga het maar eens uittesten. 73 Paul

      Delete
  2. De resultaten tot nu toe bevestigen de andere afstraal hoek.Duidelijk ook te zien in de grafiek. Ben benieuwd naar verdere resultaten. 73, Bas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hallo Bas, die lagere afstraalhoek is inderdaad goed te zien. Vanavond goede resultaten op 10m tot aan de westkust van de USA. 73 Paul

      Delete
  3. Good evening Paul, very nice results and with the antenna tuner it really opens up more bands. The results do show its working just great on 80m. It's nice that it can withhold wind up to 90KM.
    Mike

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mike, the coming week I will test this antenna for the other bands. Using WSPR. 73 Paul

      Delete

Popular Posts