Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Surprise

Band conditions seems to be fair today on 20m. First, I was listening on 14060, but there was nothing going on, called a few times CQ. So I went to the SSB portion of the band with my FT817. The noise floor was SØ. Huh? I do have most of the time a noise floor of S7-9 on 20m. Something wrong with the antenna or receiver? I heard 7x2RD calling CQ on 14.210 MHz. So I called him, and oh boy, he came back for me. No other stations for him at that moment. One of those surprises we come across.

Yesterday I worked T77C with CW on 30 m. I worked Tony before on 40m (Dec. 30, 2012)

4 comments:

  1. Good morning Paul, I too am about an S7 noise level here and it would seem very strange to have "0" noise level for sure. But it did work out fine in the end when you were able to contact 7X2RD!
    Mike

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mike, always fun to work qrp especially with ssb. 73 Paul

      Delete
  2. Hi Paul. Nice contacts. I have been having the same noise level here. At least on my ft-817.

    Anyone in your neighborhood on holiday? Maybe their plasma tv plug has been pulled during their absence

    73 Dick

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dick, I was too quick... the noise level S8 was back again this afternoon. 73 Paul

      Delete

Popular Posts