Thursday, August 22, 2013

High Quality HyEndFed

The HyEndFed antenna is momentarily my only HF antenna. Just 11,85 meters long (38.878 ft), very stealth, and a great performer. It was much better than my dipole. And it absolutely outperformed all my verticals I've had. The antenna is made for 40-20 and 10 meter. A high quality Dutch product. Of course when someone is handy you can made it yourself. But I know my restrictions and capabilities for technical skills. I tune this antenna with a MFJ-925 for all other HF bands. On 40, 20 and 10 meter I don't need a tuner. I know, a perfect SWR says nothing about the effectiveness of the antenna. Nevertheless, here are my SWR readings on the other HF bands with the HyEndFed.

You can not hear me complain about these results. Yesterday I mentioned how my results were on 80 meter with JT65A. 1221 km on 80 meter with 30 watts. So I will check the effectiveness of my antenna in the coming weeks.

Maybe I replace the 6 meter antenna, after the Es season, for a ground plane antenna for 30 meters.

Useful links: http://www.hyendfedantenna.nl/joomla/ and http://www.hyendcompany.nl/

8 comments:

  1. Hallo Paul, het zijn prachtige antenne's zo te zien. Tegenwoordig ook wat makkelijker te bestellen zie ik. Ze zijn wel wat prijzig maar de kwaliteit zal er ook naar wezen. Misschien dat ik er ooit nog eens 1 aanschaf. 73, Bas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hallo Bas, deze 3 bander heb ik toch alweer een tijdje hangen. 2 jaar? Zoiets. Doet het nog steeds prima. 73 Paul

      Delete
  2. Good morning Paul, I have heard great reports about these antennas both with performance and quality of the product as well. Very nice results on all bands (using the ATU for non resonant bands I assume) I like having an antenna you can go from band to band with. Not so with my mono band whip antennas. It's always nice to change bands fast to see how conditions are...with the mono band whip antennas not as easy!
    Have a great weekend Paul.
    Mike

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mike, indeed I use the ATU for the non resonant bands. I prefer one antenna for all bands. Maybe a GP for the WARC bands. I like the WARC bands especially the weekends when contesting is going on on all other bands. 73 Paul

      Delete
  3. Hallo Paul,

    Een EndFed antenne werkt, mits die natuurlijk als halve golf straler goed gebouwd is, erg goed. Er zijn al heel wat vergelijkingstesten geweest waarbij de EndFed als beste te voorschijn kwam.
    Ik bouw mijn EndFeds zelf en deze voldoen prima. Ook de multibander voor 10-20 en 40. De WARC banden worden door mijn ATU's aangepast. Ook voor vakantie en /P de ideale antenne mits je hem kunt ophangen hi.Voordeel is ook dat je niet direct een aparte counterpoise nodig hebt als je 5m of meer coax gebruik.

    73 Hans, PE1BVQ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hallo Hans, helemaal mee eens. ;-) 73 Paul

      Delete
  4. Hello Paul,

    Really love your entries about you country on Google plus. You really live in a nice country! Watching the bicycle and horse riding is a real treat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi John, thank you. Making videos and photo's is also a hobby for me. I found out now how to share it with Google + too. :-) 73 Paul

      Delete

Popular Posts