Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Good news from QRZ.com

As most of you know, I have copyright issues with Youtube. I was wondering if that was the same with photos taken from QRZ.com

A lot of pictures on the internet have a copyright. Using it without permission can gives a lot of troubles. So I sent QRZ an email. The QRZ Support Team replied as follows:

"Photos on QRZ are not generally copyrighted material unless they say so in something like a watermark on the photo. We would ask that you be respectful and remove an image should a member ask you to do so."

I think that is good news!

The old blog of mine is still attainable for old postings. But for new posting I continue here because I like the URL. When I change my call sign again, I can still go on here.

5 comments:

  1. Hallo Paul, nogal verwarrend allemaal. Als je je call veranderd ga je weer verder met je oude blog? Wat betreft QRZ.com dat is goed nieuws. Ik denk persoonlijk dat het gebruiken van plaatjes van internet altijd mag behalve als duidelijk een copyright word weergegeven. Zelf foto's en screenshots maken is ook veel leuker als plaatjes van een ander gebruiken. 73, Bas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hallo Bas, al mijn oude blogs zijn met elkaar gekoppeld via een Javascript. Dus alles blijft gewoon te raadplegen, maakt allemaal niks uit. Nee hoor, ik blijf gewoon PC4T, maar je weet maar nooit, als PA0PSY weer beschikbaar komt dan neem ik die misschien weer. Officieel mag je andermans foto niet gebruiken. Lees een reactie van Matt op amateurradio.com het blijft een lastig item.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the news Paul. I never posted any art or photo that was clearly indicated as copyright material. I liked putting a face on the person I had a QSO with. Not sure if I will again. May or may not. 73 Dick

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dick, copyright is a very difficult subject. Read the comment of Matt at amateurradio.com Officialy every photo or picture is copyrighted. Unless they mention that it is not. So I stay very careful for placing photos of others. I have to ask permission for every photo I will put on my blog. Most of all hams are very nice people, but when they find out that they can make money for copyright infringement and with the help of a good lawyer, they will be rich in a few years. 73 Paul

      Delete
  3. I think your comments very wise. No more photos not my own. Give me a reason to carry my very small digital camera with me.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts