Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Web SDR and Tokyo Hy-Power hand-held

We are lucky to have a good web SDR in the Netherlands (university of Twente) so I can check this web SDR for a quick look for propagation on HF. No need to tune on all amateur bands looking for activity. In one quick overview we can see where the radio activity is.
I read about the Tokyo Hy-Power XT-751 a hand-held transceiver with 5 watts of power from 40 meter up to 6 meter. They had a few years ago similar hand-held transceivers but mono band. But they stopped production. Now I am glad they come with multi band transceivers. This would be nice for outdoor operation and holidays. Release in 2014. I think I will buy one.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Paul. That HF hand-held looks very interesting. Would be interesting to read what the specs may be when it is released. 73 Dick

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dick, I read that it is for CW and SSB. I keep an eye on more info to come. 73 Paul

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like the old HT-750 painted light grey. That was a tri-band handheld which covered 40m, 15m and 6m.

    Julian, G4ILO

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like the old HT-750 painted light grey. That was a tri-band handheld which covered 40m, 15m and 6m.

    Julian, G4ILO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julian, yes indeed. It is not getting smaller. ;-) 73 Paul

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts