Thursday, April 11, 2013

JT9-1

I was inactive last week with the radio. I had to do a lot of other things. Meanwhile the JT9-1 software is updated again (now v0.9 r 3151) and it looks every time better and better. But as you can see on the picture above I got multiple decodes on the waterfall. I saw it never before. Is it a high ALC or too strong signal, or is the software too sensitive? I don't know. On the picture you can also see where I've been decoded in the early morning on 20 meter. I was running 5 watts and a end fed wire antenna. I think JT9-1 is a great mode: very sensitive like WSPR and very a small bandwidth. (only 10% of a JT65 signal)

3 comments:

  1. Good Morning Paul - good to see you're still very active on these digi modes - well from your Blog I see there is a new mode Wsjt-X and I have downloaded the new version - I have only been monitoring at the moment but its VERY sensitive indeed but the CAT does not appear to work with my TS590S - the earlier version did NOT decode at all.
    I am getting used to running the software before jumping in and making qso's - I want to be 100% familiar with it, but it's looking very good so far.

    73' Peter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Peter, glad to hear from you. I hope everything is well. Yes, JT9-1 is a fine digi mode. I do not work with CAT control, I just use VOX for all my digi modes. 73 Paul

      Delete
  2. Good Morning Paul - good to see you're still very active on these digi modes - well from your Blog I see there is a new mode Wsjt-X and I have downloaded the new version - I have only been monitoring at the moment but its VERY sensitive indeed but the CAT does not appear to work with my TS590S - the earlier version did NOT decode at all.
    I am getting used to running the software before jumping in and making qso's - I want to be 100% familiar with it, but it's looking very good so far.

    73' Peter

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts