Friday, March 29, 2013

Poor again, but JT9-1 works fine

Again conditions on HF are poor today. I tried some PSK-31 on 40 and 20m, but I only worked S51JS and SV1DAR. This afternoon I see a lot of JT9-1 signals on 20 meter. Well, the JT9 mode seems to be growing in popularity.

The software is regular updated, and becomes better every time. What I like to see changed: when I select a call to answer, the transmitter should be activated, just like JT65-HF. Now I have to push a button to activate the transmitter, and often I forget to do so. I like to see one button to clear the fields when the qso is done. Now I have to do it manual.
This afternoon I worked TF3G (Iceland) with JT9-1 on 20 meter. (see photo)

Though condx are poor, I am spotted in VK by VK3AMA with JT9-1, so JT9-1 is a very promising mode. Someone mailed me last week: soon the QRO guys will discover this mode too. A little bit cynic but I am afraid also that this will happen.

7 comments:

  1. Good morning Paul, it seems to me that when conditions are starting to bottom out this is the mode I am going to have to get into!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mike, it's a perfect qso mode with the capabilities of wspr. With 5 watts around the world. 73 Paul

      Delete
  2. Too right, Paul. Just been spotted by VK3AMA running 5 watts.

    Julian, G4ILO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julian, great job. I like this mode very much. 73 Paul

      Delete
  3. Too right, Paul. Just been spotted by VK3AMA running 5 watts.

    Julian, G4ILO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hallo Paul, misschien een QRP frequentie invoeren voor JT9? Ik ben helemaal lyrisch van JT9. Dat TX probleem heb ik ook al gehad ja....73, Bas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hallo Bas, of eigenlijk een aparte QRO frequentie, want wij zijn al qrp. :-) Dit weekend maar eens op 30 of 17 m kijken vanwege het contest gebeuren op de gewone banden. 73 Paul

      Delete

Popular Posts