Monday, February 25, 2013

WSPR or WSPR-X?

My signal reported by VY2OG on 80m WSPR. I expected more when using WSPR-X but so far I don't see any significant improvement in reception or in transmission. Once I saw a -34 dB reception came along. At the arrow I switched to WSPR-X. Maybe I have to play a little more with WSPR-X, maybe I do something wrong with the set up.


Reception of PSK-31 on 15 meter for a short while as you can see. On air was U1AU age: 97 ham since 1933. That's what we call an old timer. Enough stations to work with.

My only QSO today was with SM5CS Stig from Sweden with JT9-1 on 20 meter.

3 comments:

  1. I don't think WSPR-X is meant to be any more sensitive than the old version. I ran both of them simultaneously but I didn't come to any conclusion about which was better.

    Julian, G4ILO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it will perform maybe better on the lower frequencies with longer transmit cycles. 73 Paul

      Delete
  2. I don't think WSPR-X is meant to be any more sensitive than the old version. I ran both of them simultaneously but I didn't come to any conclusion about which was better.

    Julian, G4ILO

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts