Wednesday, January 16, 2013

WSPR problems

I don't know what I am doing wrong but no one is reporting me, while I receive spots which were uploaded to WSPR database. But when I transmit, no spots appear into the WSPR database.


  1. Both antennas are working well. Good SWR. Normal receive. 
  2. I transmitted with my FT450 and FT817 both are working.
  3. I re-install WSPR 2.0 1714 
  4. I am normally logged in at WSPRnet
  5. I choose the right band in WSPRnet
So what is wrong?


Update: Jason NT7S gives a good hint: check the clock. I had Dimension4 installed but when I checked the last synchronization: January 9 !!!  Now I know what the problem was. Now I have installed the latest version of Dimension4 v.5 and it does work again. Thanks Jason. 

8 comments:

  1. Most likely, your PC clock is not strictly synchronized to UTC time. I think from the screenshot above that you are using Windows, so you may want to install and use this software, which should help keep your PC clock properly disciplined to UTC via the Internet.

    http://www.thinkman.com/dimension4/

    Jason NT7S

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jason, thanks for your reply. I do have dimension4 installed. But thanks for the hint, maybe something is wrong with the clock software. I was not reported with JT65 either. I will check my clock. Thanks! 73 Paul

      Delete
  2. Most likely, your PC clock is not strictly synchronized to UTC time. I think from the screenshot above that you are using Windows, so you may want to install and use this software, which should help keep your PC clock properly disciplined to UTC via the Internet.

    http://www.thinkman.com/dimension4/

    Jason NT7S

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hallo Paul,

    Gewoon de synchronisatie van Dimension4 in het vakje "How Often" instellen op elke 15 minuten. Zo gebruik ik het ook op al mijn PC's en nooit geen problemen meer.(ook niet met JT65 JT-9 etc.)
    Succes en 73 de Hans, PE1BVQ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hallo Hans, dat had ik ook aangevinkt, maar de server die ik gekozen had en het 3,5 jaar had gedaan, was niet meer bereikbaar. Nu heb ik een server in Belgiƫ gekozen. Nu werkt het weer prima. 73 Paul

      Delete
  4. Hallo Paul,

    Gewoon de synchronisatie van Dimension4 in het vakje "How Often" instellen op elke 15 minuten. Zo gebruik ik het ook op al mijn PC's en nooit geen problemen meer.(ook niet met JT65 JT-9 etc.)
    Succes en 73 de Hans, PE1BVQ

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never have this trouble in years of using Meinberg NTP.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julian, it did work for 3,5 years without problems. The server I had chosen (in the USA) was not available anymore. Now I choose a Belgium server from the list and it works again. 73 Paul

      Delete

Popular Posts