Saturday, January 12, 2013

Super sunspot

A super sunspot emerging on the sun towards us. That means good conditions or not... geomagnetic disturbances are on the way, maybe. I installed reverse beacon network again on my computer. I can spot QRP frequencies with CWskimmer on a selected band. Sometimes I like to do other things and with RBN I can do something useful with my equipment, instead of an unplugged situation.

Here you see stations I've heard for a short while on 17 meters. I do not have SDR radio, because when you do have SDR than you can spot an bigger bandwidth. Now only 3 KHz. But most of the time I spot only QRP calling frequencies. so 3 KHz is okay. With PSK31 I worked OD5PY Lebanon on 10 meters today.

6 comments:

  1. Good morning Paul, it sure does put things into perspective when you see the size of the earth not compared to the sun but to a sunspot on the surface of the sun. I like the RBN I am not a receiving station but it's great to see how far my QRP and QRPp signal getting. It's a great idea to monitor the QRP segment of the band and with 3KHz that is lots.
    Mike.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mike, I re-installed the software after the hard drive crash. It's good for all those who are calling in vain on the qrp calling frequencies. ;-) Have a nice weekend. 73 Paul

      Delete
  2. Good morning Paul, it sure does put things into perspective when you see the size of the earth not compared to the sun but to a sunspot on the surface of the sun. I like the RBN I am not a receiving station but it's great to see how far my QRP and QRPp signal getting. It's a great idea to monitor the QRP segment of the band and with 3KHz that is lots.
    Mike.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Paul,

    I spent some time calling on the 96 freq yesterday morning but no takers. I'll continue to do so when on the air.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi John, I will sure call on 17m at 3 PM GMT (UTC) tomorrow (Monday) I can't be there, I have a appointment with my dentist. But Tuesday I will certainly call. 73 Paul

      Delete
  4. Hello Paul,

    I spent some time calling on the 96 freq yesterday morning but no takers. I'll continue to do so when on the air.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts