Monday, January 21, 2013

Snow

Yes, we have snow here. If it will effect my outside antennas, I don't know. Sometimes I think it does, so I can blame the weather conditions.

WSPR-2 on 20 meter this afternoon. Not a lot of spots above 2000 km. But I was spotted in VK. I always wonder what about the 11.000 km in between. Water?

In the early morning I heard SV3RF on 160 meter CW. On 12 m I heard K5XK with CW. I could not work him. I tried to work HS0ZBS on 15 m JT65A, but was very crowded on the JT65 frequency so I stopped trying.

5 comments:

  1. Hallo Paul. Hoeveel dB geeft jouw meter aan op ontvangst in WSPR-X? Ik vraag me af of ik de boel wel goed afstel. 73, Bas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hallo Bas, ik zet het op 20 dB, ook een beetje afgekeken van plaatsjes over wspr-x. Ik kan het nergens vinden wat nu de beste afstelling is. Dus ik vroeg het me ook al af. 73 Paul

      Delete
  2. Good evening Paul, well I must say you sure do have lots more snow than we do at this time....but the temps are very low here this evening down to -16C and with the windchill around -25 burrrr. As for the snow I am sure for outdoor antenna there are effects for sure, I know with my attic antenna just having snow on the roof will affect my SWR.
    Mike

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mike, rain has a negative effect for sure, I think snow will have too. Temperatures here are about -5C have a nice day, 73 Paul

      Delete
  3. Good evening Paul, well I must say you sure do have lots more snow than we do at this time....but the temps are very low here this evening down to -16C and with the windchill around -25 burrrr. As for the snow I am sure for outdoor antenna there are effects for sure, I know with my attic antenna just having snow on the roof will affect my SWR.
    Mike

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts