Friday, November 30, 2012

AGC and the WSPR waterfall display

I saw it before, but I didn't know what is was. Now I know... with strong stations and without the AGC on you will see all the lines in your WSPR waterfall display.

I read at W2LJ Larry's blog about PZT log. Always in for something new: I installed the software. The engine is based on MMVARI, which I used before. Changing the macros is circuitous. I can't find a field for putting in the name of the receiving operator. I don't need another log. I put every qso in qrz.com log and transfer the qrz data to my Excel log. With Excel I can make diagrams and sort out all kind of data. So I wanted to remove PZT log from my computer, but I can't... it wont install the program... aaargh.

Update: It is not my intention to be negative about PZT log. It has a lot of great features on board that will satisfy many amateurs, great job by Charlie M0PZT. Sure when you use CAT control, which I do not. There is a little bug in the RX window, it is flickering. When I right click in the RX window I cannot add the name and QTH easily. I am addicted to Fldigi, it works fine for me. Unless the uninstall.exe in the programfolder I could not uninstall the software. Finally I did with REVO uninstall.

8 comments:

  1. Hallo Paul,

    Bedankt voor de WSPR tip !
    En om programma's te verwijderen kan ik je deze tip geven: Revo Uninstaller freeware...gebruik ik al jaren en kan zaken deleten die je anders niet wegkrijgt.
    Je kan het hier downloaden: http://tinyurl.com/2fdekq

    Succes en prettig weekend !

    Patrick ON4CDJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hallo Patrick, ik zal het eens installeren, kijken of ik het daarmee weg krijg. Jij ook bedankt voor deze tip. 73 Paul

      Delete
    2. Hi Patrick, het is gelukt met Revo. Thanks.

      Delete
  2. Hallo Paul,

    Bedankt voor de WSPR tip !
    En om programma's te verwijderen kan ik je deze tip geven: Revo Uninstaller freeware...gebruik ik al jaren en kan zaken deleten die je anders niet wegkrijgt.
    Je kan het hier downloaden: http://tinyurl.com/2fdekq

    Succes en prettig weekend !

    Patrick ON4CDJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paul,
    Thanks for your comments on PZTLog - I have sent you a direct mail but wanted to address the issue via your blog, too.

    Bit surprised that you couldn't find the "name" macro, it's mentioned in the Help file. The "Details" field is where I store Name and QTH, eg: Charlie Chelmsford. Using the macro takes the 1st word from the "Details" field.

    eg:
    de
    PC4T de M0PZT Good afternoon Paul

    Also wondering about the un-install problems you had. There should be an uninstall EXE in the program folder - You should at least be able to remove it via Control Panel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops, the PHP seems to screw-up the macro templates. So it's URNAME with the surrounding square-brackets :)

      Delete
    2. Hi Charlie, I sent you an email. Thanks for reply. 73 Paul

      Delete
  4. Paul,
    Thanks for your comments on PZTLog - I have sent you a direct mail but wanted to address the issue via your blog, too.

    Bit surprised that you couldn't find the "name" macro, it's mentioned in the Help file. The "Details" field is where I store Name and QTH, eg: Charlie Chelmsford. Using the macro takes the 1st word from the "Details" field.

    eg:
    de
    PC4T de M0PZT Good afternoon Paul

    Also wondering about the un-install problems you had. There should be an uninstall EXE in the program folder - You should at least be able to remove it via Control Panel.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts