Sunday, October 28, 2012

No voice

No voice here because of severe cold. Coughing and sneezing. The only thing to do is the good old CW. No WW DX Contest for me. I do have no problem with that. I am still testing the dipole. I was working with G3ZJJ Mike on 30 meter. First with the dipole, he was 599, Mike was working qrp 5 watt and an end fed antenna. So I switched to my end fed but I couldn't hear him any more. So back to the dipole. I was running 25 watts (get 589) and now I switched to 5 watts too, and Mike could still copy me (rst 569)

On the picture you see DH3JZ Gero from Germany. We had a nice rag chew CW qso on 80 meter. I remembered him, his call was sounds familiar. I searched in my logbook and yes, he was my first ssb contact on 80 meter January 1, 2009. (my call sign was PA9B then) Now he was almost the first CW contact on 80 m ever. Hi.

I plug my end fed wire into the FT817, so I don't need a tuner for 40-20 and 10 meter. The dipole is now plugged in the FT450. Below my latest contacts:

9 comments:

  1. Good morning Paul, sounds like the new antenna setup is working very well. Hope you are feeling better soon no fun having a cold that gets into your chest as well.
    Mike

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mike, the dipole seems to be working well indeed. So far I am happy with it. 73 Paul

      Delete
  2. Good morning Paul, sounds like the new antenna setup is working very well. Hope you are feeling better soon no fun having a cold that gets into your chest as well.
    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Paul,
    Feel better and get some rest.
    Regards,
    Jim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jim, I will. Thanks. 73 Paul

      Delete
  4. Hi Paul,
    Feel better and get some rest.
    Regards,
    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hallo Paul,

    Leuke antennetest tussen de dipool en de HyEndFed.
    Beterschap!

    73 de Hans,
    PE1BVQ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hallo Hans, het gaat al weer iets beter, maar tegen de avond kachel ik weer in... zo'n antenne test is vind ik altijd leuk om te doen, maar je moet wel iemand vinden die dat leuk vind om te doen. 73 Paul

      Delete
  6. Hallo Paul,

    Leuke antennetest tussen de dipool en de HyEndFed.
    Beterschap!

    73 de Hans,
    PE1BVQ

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts