Friday, September 7, 2012

The HyEndFed antenna, and how does it perform on other HF bands?

As most of my regular readers know, I use a HyEndFed antenna for HF. The multiband for 40, 20 and 10 meter (11,5 meter long) It does outperformed my 80/40 meter dipole (2 x 13,5 meter) How does the HyEndFed perform on other bands with an automatic antenna tuner? Not bad at all. On 80 meter: best DX 6565 km and 14 DXCC with 5 watt. 160 meter it does work alright. Results? Best DX 1412 km and 14 DXCC with 5 watt. What about 30 meter? Best DX 16.682 km and 36 DXCC with 5 watt. 17, 15 and 12 meter I don’t know, I haven’t been very active on those bands. But I can tune the antenna with an automatic antenna tuner (The MFJ 925) easily on those bands. So after all I am very happy with this antenna. It was worthwhile spending money for this great antenna. Best way to test an antenna is with WSPR. You get quick a report via the data base of wsprnet.org. More info about this antenna.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Paul, I am seriously considering contacting the manufacturers. Good alternative to my mono-band 20M Par. I wouldn't run QRO to it on the frequencies not "officially" covered.

    Have a nice Saturday
    73 Dick

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dick, the same here, for the other bands I use only QRP power. Have a nice weekend too. 73 Paul

      Delete
    2. Anonymous1/05/2013

      I have both PAR and HyEnd, they are both out standing.. Here is the play...I needed, 40 Meter solution, and I have an Amplifier, (QRO 2500DX), I love the End Fed Antennas, however HyEndFed antenna company supported my needs, Also, they have over the top support, plotting antenna patterns, for my particular situation...

      Best, NN2X Tom

      Delete
  2. Hi Paul, I am seriously considering contacting the manufacturers. Good alternative to my mono-band 20M Par. I wouldn't run QRO to it on the frequencies not "officially" covered.

    Have a nice Saturday
    73 Dick

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous1/05/2013

      I have both PAR and HyEnd, they are both out standing.. Here is the play...I needed, 40 Meter solution, and I have an Amplifier, (QRO 2500DX), I love the End Fed Antennas, however HyEndFed antenna company supported my needs, Also, they have over the top support, plotting antenna patterns, for my particular situation...

      Best, NN2X Tom

      Delete
  3. Using the same antenna in Amtwerp, Belgium on my remote location. Can tune it from 80 till 6 meters with internal tuner on the Flex-1500. 100+ DXCC within a year (only operate 2-4 hours/week) with only 5 Watts. Best DXCC ZL/VK, JT65, 20M. Never tried 160 due to QRM over there on everything below 3 Mhz.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Randy, I can tune also on 160 m, but how is the effectiveness outside 40-20-10 m band? It's a great antenna. 73 Paul

      Delete

The Lyrid Meteor Shower

Tonight we have the peak of the Lyrid meteor shower. Though at daytime there were a lot of meteors. At 10 h UTC we had 91 meteors/h so ther...