Sunday, September 2, 2012

eQSL a modern approach

Why all that paper stuff? QSL bureaus, clubnights, qsl managers, etc. I like the way eQSL does. It’s easy, fast and modern. Maybe the old generation is not really computer minded, so they prefer the old fashion way. But now I don’t have to go to the qsl manager of once a month a club night where I can get my latest incoming qsl cards. Most of the time I get my eQSL immediately. I check once a week eQSL for answering incoming qsl cards. eQSL is free, but when you pay a few euro’s /dollars a month you can do a lot more, for instance: making or uploading your own qsl card. Or use the propagation forecaster, or upload your ADIF log file and many things more. You can get a lot of awards at eQSL. For those who like to have an award on their wall. I do have worked 110 DXCC so far with QRP and low power and moderate compromise antennas. By now 62% is confirmed with eQSL’s. A think that is pretty good. Radio Amateurs and SWL’s can still sent qsl cards via the bureau to me. I am a member of VERON. But I will not send a card in return by the bureau. Because, I didn’t have paper cards and I won’t have them in the near future.

Read more about QSL-ing and logging by Jeff KE9V.

Nice incoming eQSL today.

7 comments:

  1. Leuk filpje Paul. Zag weer dingen die ik nog niet ontdekt had bij eQSL. Ik doe zelf alle vormen van QSL. Maakt mij niet hoe of wat, als het QSO maar bevestigd word. Maar eQSL staat bij mij wel op nr. 1. 73, Bas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hallo Bas, ik ontvang wel via het bureau, ze blijven ze evengoed sturen, hoewel ik op qrz.com vermeld dat ik geen qsl kaarten via het bureau beantwoord. De gedrukte kaarten zien er vaak wel erg mooi uit, dat dan weer wel. 73 Paul

      Delete
  2. Paul,

    Ik was je "even" kwijt maar heb je toch weer gevonden.

    Bijna een j aar gebruik ik LOTW en dat werkt ook prima. DXCC mixed hangt hier door LOTW al aan de muur.

    73, Tjeerd

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hallo Tjeerd, soms ben ik ook wel eens iemand kwijt, vaak nadat ik van template ben veranderd. Maar goed, je bent er weer. LOTW gebruik ik niet omdat ik niet CAT controlled bezig ben. Aan awards doe ik niet. Tot nu toe heb ik er nog geen een. ;-) 73 Paul

      Delete
  3. Paul,

    Ik was je "even" kwijt maar heb je toch weer gevonden.

    Bijna een j aar gebruik ik LOTW en dat werkt ook prima. DXCC mixed hangt hier door LOTW al aan de muur.

    73, Tjeerd

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning Paul. I agree about e-qsl. I re-activated my account and had 3 come to me this morning. I do mention in my QRZCQ bio that I would prefer not to get direct cards and that any buro cards would be VERY late getting returned. I never saw such a nice e-qsl as the one you have shown above. Took some work (beyond my capability). 73 Dick

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dick, point is that I don't have paper cards. Too expensive, too much work to wright and sending them to the local qsl manager. I am a little lazy, I think. But I have to admit there are very nice printed qsl cards coming in from the Dutch qsl bureau. I put them in a shoe box. Never looked twice. 73 Paul

      Delete

Popular Posts