Sunday, August 19, 2012

My humble shack

My humble shack, as it is for 4 years now. The FT817 is still my favourite and I use it for VHF/UHF and QRP and QRPp on HF. The FT450 is for low power JT65A and other digi modes or WSPR with 5 watts. Do I need other or better equipment? Yes and no. Yes, I will have a better receiver but I don't sell anything else because the price is too high. I am satisfied with my shack as it is. The antenna stays as it is: an end fed wire for 40-20 and 10 meter. I made a RF choke and now I can run QRO (100 watts) without RF feedback now. Not that I will go QRO, but when I need a little bit more... I will never say never.

The good old ETM 2b electronic keyer from the seventies. It still works fine. My CW buddy for more than 30 years.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Paul. You still have a 1st-class radio room. Meets your needs and expectations. I know that I am presently committed to QRP...but not married to it. I wasn't last year as F8WBD either. Think a few times I went up to 70 watts with the FT-857. But having that 2-way QRP QSO with Japan, wow. QRP is still my power level. 73 Dick

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dick, on rare occasions I will crank up the power, but the most satisfying qso's are the QRP ones. So 99% of the time is QRP. 73 Paul

      Delete
  2. Good afternoon Paul, great shot of the radio shack. Its great the ETM 2b is still doing the job. I guess stuff built back then was made to last.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mike, good stuff from the old days. I like that simple keyer. 73 Paul

      Delete
  3. Prima shack toch? Het gaat niet alleen om de apparatuur maar meer of je er plezier aan beleefd. Maar dromen van een mooie nieuwe betere ontvanger mag natuurlijk ;-). 73, Bas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hallo Bas, helemaal goed, ik ben er best tevreden mee. Ik vind veel apparatuur erg duur en de vraag is of ik al die extra's wel benut op die dure transceivers. Ik heb aan deze twee voldoende en ik kan de hobby gewoon doen. Maar dromen mag altijd... wachten op het winnen van de jackpot. 73 Paul

      Delete

Popular Posts