Friday, August 31, 2012

Gabon new DXCC for me

In the afternoon I noticed some activity on 10 meter (www.dxmaps.com) so I tuned to the PSK part of the band and heard TR8CA with PSK63. I called him and we made a qso. Alain from Libreville, Gabon. A new DXCC for me. He was the only station I heard on the band.

I also worked Wally PA3BTT on 2 meter, via the Heerhugowaard repeater. He does have an 2 elements antenna on the attic. Normally he works QRP on 20 meter only.

On 20 meter I worked yesterday 7V50I from Algeria, a special station, with CW.

3 comments:

  1. Good afternoon Paul, that's great news and it seems to be a sign the bands are getting better. I have been able to pick up one new DXCC each night this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mike, each night one new DXCC? You are nice going. That's really good. I should work more late at night to get more chance on new DXCC from South and Central America. But most of the time I am tired at the end of the day and want to go to bed. ;-) 73 Paul

      Delete
  2. Good afternoon Paul, that's great news and it seems to be a sign the bands are getting better. I have been able to pick up one new DXCC each night this week.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts