Saturday, August 11, 2012

Back from holidays

We are back from holidays; we had a great time, I read 3 books (one of them: Blue Highways by William Least Heat Moon), a lot of sun and nice weather. But... no internet, no radio, so I am glad to be back in the ‘normal’ world. Today I started with Opera and installed the new version 1.4.2 Activity is still low on 20 meter. I was reported by OH3FZQ (+6 db) K4RKM (-20 db) and RX3DHR (-22 db) after 1 hour I switched to WSPR on 20 meter with 5 watts. Conditions seem to be excellent above 10 MHz. Best DX so far VK6WS (-24 db 14287 km) This weekend a lot of things to do, but when I have spare time I will read the blogs of my fellow blog friends. New state with WSPR: WA2YUN from Wake Island, Hawaii.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back and at the look of your picture I was concerned the vacation time was just rain. Seems you had a very nice time to recharge the batteries.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mike, the saying 'lekker weer thuis' means two things in Dutch. 1. it's good to be home again or 2. How is the weather at home? It's a funny pun in Dutch. Have a good weekend, 73 Paul

      Delete

Popular Posts