Monday, August 27, 2012

1 watt QRP

20 meter was very quiet today. In the late afternoon there was more activity on 40 meter. I called CQ with 1 watt CW on 40 meter. G4ICP Dick (see photo) from Braintree Essex came back for me. He was running 5 watt from a FT101 and uses also a end fed wire. We had a nice qso.

On 6 meter WSPR I received only PA3EGO. Between our QTH's is Schiphol airport. I think this was a airplane scatter.

Yesterday I had 2 qso's on 40 meter SSB with 5 watts. I spoke OZ/PA4HM Henri from Jutland. And DK0EP Christiaan.

New transceiver from ICOM the IC-7100. A HF/ VHF/ UHF transceiver with touch screen and D-Star and 4 meter also. The looks: I don't know. It's something else. More info.

5 comments:

  1. Hallo Paul, leuke verbinding met 1W. Had je verwacht dat er iemand terug zou komen? Die Icom is een bijzonder ding! 73, Bas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hallo Bas, ja, eigenlijk wel, zeker op 40 meter. Ik hoorde veel Europese stations. Ik ben benieuwd naar de eerste ervaringen van amateurs die deze transceiver gaan gebruiken. 73 Paul

      Delete
  2. Hi Paul. Interesting Icom design not needing any add-on bail to bring it up from lying flat on the operating desk like the Elecraft QRP KX-1 and KX-3. The QRP ten-tec model also.

    Not for me though.

    73 Dick

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dick, they have thought about the design, indeed. That is very good. I like the VHF/UHF with 50 watts power and SSB /CW capability on board. Especially for 2 meter. My 5 watts is not enough from the FT817. I am afraid this one is also very expensive. hi. 73 Paul

      Delete
  3. Hi Paul. Interesting Icom design not needing any add-on bail to bring it up from lying flat on the operating desk like the Elecraft QRP KX-1 and KX-3. The QRP ten-tec model also.

    Not for me though.

    73 Dick

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts