Thursday, July 5, 2012

WSPR 20 m

When I checked propagation data I noticed that only 20 meter is in good shape this morning. First I tried Opera, but nobody seems to be QRV with this mode. With 5 watt WSPR I was spotted by a few stations from the USA on 20 meter. K7UEB, KK4XO, VE6PDQ/1, WA3DNM, KA1MDA and N8LI.

Latest news from Space Weather: Sunspot AR1515 has grown into a behemoth more than 10 times wider than Earth. The active region is crackling with M-class solar flares and seems poised to produce even stronger X-flares in the days ahead. At least one CME is en route to Earth, and ham radio operators are reporting short wave solar radio bursts roaring from the loudspeakers of their receivers.

3 comments:

  1. Good morning Paul, yes 1515 sure is making itself known. It's amazing the amount of M class solar flares it has produced. It seems each time I check solarham propagation page a new flares is listed coming from this sunspot. In the evenings when on the radio this week I too have found 20m to really be the only band working for me.
    Well it's Friday and have a great weekend.
    Mike

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mike, 20 meter is the most reliable band at the moment. Have a good weekend, 73 Paul

      Delete
  2. Good morning Paul, yes 1515 sure is making itself known. It's amazing the amount of M class solar flares it has produced. It seems each time I check solarham propagation page a new flares is listed coming from this sunspot. In the evenings when on the radio this week I too have found 20m to really be the only band working for me.
    Well it's Friday and have a great weekend.
    Mike

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts