Saturday, July 14, 2012

Another day on 6 meter

Again good Es propagation on 6 meter. And more activity on 50.250 MHz with BPSK-31. I like that. I hope that it will be the same on 2 meter and 70 cm. I did work the following stations with BPSK-31: UR5CJN, ES4RC, OH5FWB, YL2CA, OH1KPR, SM7UFR and ES6DO. With CW: EA6SX, F6HKA and OH3JF. Last night I worked LG5LG on 40 meter SSB from Morokulien, I know that area, I've been there in the early nineties. You can rent the shack there for holidays. Read about it on www.qrz.com

4 comments:

  1. Good evening Paul.....ah yes the "magic band" as for renting a ham shack for the holidays not sure Julie would consider that a holiday as much as I would...:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mike, my xyl won't like it either. Just keep the shack at home. 73 Paul

      Delete
  2. Hi Paul. Nice thing about 6M is the small antanna requirements. I used to take my rig to Saint Raphael but that 1st floor balcony antenna just wouldn't work so the station stays in Benodet QTH. 73 Dick

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dick, you go back to France the end of August? Only sporadic E ends at the end of summer most of the time. From September we should return to HF. When the sun will slow down, I think 30 or 40 meter will be the best band for the coming years. 73 Paul

      Delete

Popular Posts