Sunday, June 17, 2012

Father's Day

Today I remember my father, he died in 1999 on August 9. I still miss him, he was a good father en a very nice man. He was also a ham radio amateur PDØDCZ. In the early eighties we had several skeds on 2 meter band. I like this old photo when he was 19 years old and joining the Dutch Royal Navy in 1939. From 1942 till August 1945 he was prisoner of war in a Japanese camp Pakanbaru on the island of Sumatra, Indonesia. This photo was taken just before he left the Netherlands in 1939.

Today poor conditions, but I did work OK1FIM and YL2NX with JT65 and ED5KB with SSB on 20 meter.

5 comments:

  1. I wonder whether I worked him in the 1970s when I was G8ILO ('74 p '79) His call seems vaguely familiar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julian, he was one of the first new novice licence then with the PDØ calls. He was only active on 2 meter VHF. 73 Paul

      Delete
  2. Good afternoon Paul, yes it's great to have nice memories of your dad on fathers day....happy fathers day to you and hope it is a very nice one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your dad was a good looking young sailor and certainly endured much as a POW. Thanks for remembering him on this special day. 73 Dick

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hallo Paul,

    De klussen zijn hier grotendeels geklaard. Het wordt nu weer tijd om wat met de hobby te gaan doen.
    Afgelopen week het eerste qso op 2M gemaakt. En tijd aan vaderdag besteed.

    73, Tjeerd

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts