Saturday, April 7, 2012

Reverse Beacon Network

I removed the Opera page on my blog. It was a nice experiment, but too little activity there. So I publish my Reverse beacon Network activities, that will be mainly the QRP frequency 14060 KHz or 7030 KHz. I will monitor the band when I am not QRV myself, so I can do something in return. I was surprised what I did hear in one hour time. Even the USA this time a day. I am not sure if N2G is a correct call. I can't find it in QRZ.com maybe a wrong decode of Skimmer. I checked only verified calls. But if that is sufficient, I don't know.

The Solar Flux is below 100.

4 comments:

  1. Conditions dismal here today, Paul. Your reverse beacon stats are really quite good. Mine not up to yours. Interesting that my db rating doubled from 2 watts via sw-20 to 5 watts via ft-857. According to an "OH" station monitor.

    This reverse beacon is quite helpful to CW-only operators, like me. 73 Dick

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dick, after that fantastic hour, I didn't spot anything the last 3 hours. Yes, RBN is very helpful to see how the rigs perform and where your signal is landed. 73 Paul

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good evening Paul, I guess there are the up's and down's with propagation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mike, yes indeed. Suddenly propagation was worse. 73 Paul

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts