Wednesday, April 4, 2012

India

Tonight I worked India VU2PHD on 20 meter with CW. There was a big pile up, but I was working off zero beat (sometimes necessary) so he picked me up. I do not work al lot stations from India. So I was very happy with it. With QRP I worked UR3VZ Nick on 14.060 MHz. He was also running 5 watt. Other stations today in my log: OF150M, SG3U and DJ7TZ (last one on 40 meter)

Since 2 years I am only sending QSL cards via eQSL.cc Today I checked how many DXCC is coming in at eQSL. Here is the score: All mixed: 62 DXCC, JT65: 35, CW: 32, PSK31: 45, RTTY: 13, SSB: 31. There are 107 DXCC in my log so 58% confirmed. Not bad at all.

6 comments:

  1. Good evening Paul, very good work moving off a bit and scoring the goal into India. Just go to show it's the skill that plays a roll in getting the contact not just the power.....5 watts did it again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mike, I could see on my waterfall display that another station was heard, so I moved also to that spot and he got me, so it is a good thing not to work always zero beat. 73 Paul

      Delete
  2. Great India contact, Paul. Never heard India much less ever QSOed the country. Lots of contacts on the telephone though when I need info about my credit card, etc. Called "outsourcing". Glad to note you are doing more cw lately. 73 Dick

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dick, I have been in India once. It's an amazing country. Yes, at the moment I am 100% CW again. 73 Paul

      Delete
  3. Well done Paul, CW again too and with cond'x as bad as they are - this morning I checked the bands and there is not too much happening - I think I will come back on later - I worked SG3U Jorgen as well on 18Mhz 2 days ago.

    73' Peter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Peter, the 20 meter band is in the evening in a good shape. 73 Paul

      Delete

Popular Posts