Sunday, February 12, 2012

The sun is waking up

The sun let us down Saturday (PACC contest) but today conditions were better. Sunspots are coming back (see photo) I made some QSO’s with SSB on 40-20-15 meter. 15 meter was open today. So I gave some points in the PACC contest. Best DX was NU1O Chris from Longmeadow, MA, USA with 5653 km. Other DX was RV9YP – Asiatic Russia with 5142 km. I couldn’t do the whole contest because friends were visiting us and my eldest son took me out for a concert Saturday evening.

I was spotted by VK6XT on 10 m WSPR - 14424 km today.

6 comments:

  1. Yes contests can be great for getting some operating time in. There for sure is a captive audience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Mike, I should join more contests, that's for sure. 73 Paul

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Paul:
    I had intended to give some points away too - but was feeling below par with Flu... not really interested in the radio today !
    Pity as I wanted to give SD a run out (Contest software).
    Today I have Wspr running on 20m - the band has woken up a bit, we had VK's 4Z earlier, now we have some W's appearing..
    Hope you ears are not still ringing from your concert ?! ;-)

    73' Peter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Peter,

      I hope you feeling well again. SD contest software, I have never heard of it. I will google it. I did a few hours of contesting.
      The concert was nice, not all too loud, but my ears aren't as they were before.

      73 Paul

      Delete
  4. Hallo Paul, ik had eerst niet zoveel zin in de PACC. Maar in het laatste uur heb ik CQ gegeven en vlogen de station mij om de oren.
    Contesten biedt een goede gelegenheid om intereante verbindingen te maken.
    Ook in de UBA contest zijn Nederlandse stations interesant, omdat landen uit de EU punten opleveren. 73, Bert

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hallo Bert,

      Zondag waren de condities weer redelijk. 15 meter was ook open. Ik zal de UBA contest in de gaten houden.

      73 Paul

      Delete

Popular Posts