Friday, January 27, 2012

It's a man's world

Amateur radio: it’s a man’s world. I do not work al lot of women, but today I did, well just one. I came across Bernadeta SQ9ROO from Kamesznica, Poland. With BPSK-31 on 30 meter, 5 watts output and my Sand Piper antenna (MV-5+3) Also worked Leo OK2BWK on 30m. The Sand Piper antenna works very good on 30 meter. Most of the day I run Opera on 30 meter. I did check WSPR and Opera under the same conditions, and I think Opera is a little bit better than WSPR.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Paul,

    I too hear very few female operators although the one's I've worked have been "excellent" Morse code contacts.

    Puzzling.... wish I had an answer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John, in Russia and Ukraine there are good female CW operators. The last years I worked a few. 73 Paul

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts