Thursday, December 1, 2011

Yep... 80 meter

I was happy to work OH1KPR on 80 meter last night with JT65, with my goofy little antenna the Sand Piper MV-5+3 (40m-10m vertical) not really suitable for 80 meter. But it works. Normally I can't come out on 80 meter. With attached counterpoises I get a low SWR reading (here we go again) The efficiency will be poor, I guess. But enough to work Finland. With JT65 on 80 m I was also reported in Poland, Italy, Germany, Czech republic and Estonia.

This morning I was running 500 mW on WSPR 10 meter. I was reported by VK6DZ (see photo) that is 18.030 miles per watt or 29.018 km per watt. In the afternoon I worked on 10 meter RZ3GV, UR5MQX, UR4MJ and 7X2VX (running 10 watts) with SSB. With JT65 I worked RA6XTE.

8 comments:

  1. Hallo Paul, ach JT65 is efficient genoeg dus wat de antenne doet? Ik was juist op 40m aktief, maar niets te werken op JT65. Uiteindelijk maar PSK31 1 QSO gemaakt. Probeer vanavond weer 40m. Heb net nog eve geluisterd, maar 40m is hier bijna leeg! Is zeker weer een zonneuitbarsting? 73, Bas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prekrasno.Moi congratulations. For the 80 m antenna ranks for DX, or simply chat with neighbors

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hallo Bas, wspr en JT65 zijn toch leuke en efficiënte modes. Of misschien beter gezegd, dat SSB en CW minder efficiënt zijn. Zo verbaas ik me over het feit dat RTTY nog veel gebruikt wordt. Echt een inefficiënte mode. De MUF zakt inderdaad vrij snel de laatste paar dagen. Dat viel mij ook al op. 73 Paul

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Nickolay, thank you. JT65 is a very nice mode, low power and a big distance. I read your blog too, very nice and good luck. 73 Paul

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning Paul, it's good to read that JT65 is alive and strong...I think last night I figured out the Signalink!! So it may be JT65 this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mike, good to hear you figured out the Signalink. Hope to hear you soon with JT65. Good luck, 73 Paul

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't look at the antenna itself, instead imagine the beautiful pattern of EM radiation emanating from it! Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Casey, yeah right, that's what I am going to do. 73 Paul

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts