Sunday, October 9, 2011

Slinky Antenna

Am I the only one who not worked T32C? Anyway, I did work YO8RIX on 14060 KHz, he was running only 0,5 watt and was 599 here. On 17 meter I worked SV9/GM3YOR. So far my activities today.

Wally PA3BTT wrote a comment about a Slinky antenna. He thinks about a Slinky indoor antenna for his QRP work on 20 meter. I found several postings on the Internet about this antenna. It could be a solution, only I think that such antenna in the living will not be accepted by the XYL. But for another room or attic, it would be fine.

http://www.qsl.net/kd4cga/slinky.htm

http://www.nonstopsystems.com/radio/frank_radio_antenna.htm

9 comments:

  1. Ahhh you aren't the only one, Paul. Include me in that count.

    I may mention something on my blog about QRP and QRPp satisfaction even minus working T32C and others like it.

    I once had a commercial Slinky...forget it. But your results could be better.

    73 Dick

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried a slinky dipole in my attic and found it to be very poor. As Dick says, forget it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ja het schijnt te werken, maar er zijn betere antenne's voor kleine ruimte. Ik het T32C ook nog niet gewerkt. Ook niet gehoord overigens, de tijden dat ze te horen zijn heb ik geen tijd. 73, Bas

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hallo Paul,
    I've also tried a slinky in the attic, I won't be trying it again....not good.!!
    73 de Mark MW0MJB

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Guys,

    Thanks for the info. It's sure no real option for an indoor antenna. So Wally, you have to think twice before you make one. Maybe a dipole for 20 m on the attic? Have you considered a magnetic loop?

    73 Paul

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Paul, I too haven't had T32C yet either. Fellow club members have, but they have beams and I am only a little pistol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi André, I am glad that I am not the only one. ;-) 73 Paul

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, Thank u guys for all the positive reactons on my Slinky....

    4 Euros down the drain .... ;-)


    what the heck I have enough little nephews. Maybe they can play with it...

    73
    Wally
    PA3BTT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hallo Wally,

    Je kunt het wellicht proberen. Bij eHam zie verschillen in beoordeling. Als je nu toch de spullen al in huis hebt. Volg deze link:

    http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/7374

    73 Paul

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts