Saturday, September 10, 2011

Windows 8

Windows 8 seems to be starting up fast. But Windows 7 starts also very fast without any program installed. But now I have 128 programs on my computer and the start up time is decreased. I wonder if that’s the case for Windows 8 also. Every year a newer operating system is good for Windows (money!) and the problem is good drivers for the software I am running. Some software will not be installed because of a lack of Windows 7 drivers, such as a lot of SDR radio's software. Though, I am always curious for a new and fast operating system. But the lack of drivers keeps me aloof for the time being. I must admit that the interface looks great.

I heard 2 stations on 15 meter last night. I work TA1FA Can from Istanbul and 5B/RN3QO (Cyprus) with 5 watt CW. On 20 meter I worked EA6NB from the Balearic Islands.

Have a nice weekend, hopefully not too much geomagnetic storms.

My QSO with UA3ICN with JT65A, I did miss a QSO with an Armenian Station EK3GM...

4 comments:

  1. Paul,

    Mogelijk worden er standaard teveel programma's gestart.
    Kijk eens kritisch naar je taakbalk.

    73, Tjeerd

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hallo Tjeerd, ja ik weet het, maar mijn system start aardig snel op, ik heb niets te klagen. Anders schakel ik gewoon wat uit. 73 Paul

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning Paul, I am still running Win XP on my main computer for the radio stuff. All works great with XP but I know sooner or later I am going to have to switch. It's the driver headache that I don't want to deal with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mike, indeed driver headache. That's what I have sometimes. I can't control my transceivers with CAT cable. Always troubles. 73 Paul

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts