Saturday, September 24, 2011

South Africa

The weather was very nice today. So I tweaked the MV-5+3 antenna for optimal SWR. The screws are certainly not solid state. I hope the construction will hold out when strong winds are here. Anyway, the job is done.

Tonight I worked ZS2EZ Barry (see photo) from Port Elisabeth, South Africa with JT65A on 17 meter. With bpsk31 I also worked EA3HKA, RA3DRI on 17 meter. RD9OA on 12 meter this morning. UA1CFF, RK4VXL and UA3LMR on 15 meter. All qso's with the MV-5+3 vertical.

On 2 meter I worked PD9SW Steven over the voice repeater PI3HWD. He was mobile and transmitted from Lelystad. Distance about 51 km.

At 20:45 UTC I worked on 17 meter with JT65A W4ABQ Kevin from Lorton, VA, USA. It's special that 17 m is open that late at night.

5 comments:

  1. It sure would seem the new antenna is doing it's job for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Mike, the antenna does work, that's for sure. The coming weeks I will use this vertical intensive to see what's possible. Have a nice weekend, 73 Paul

    ReplyDelete
  3. PD9SW, dit station hoorde ik donderdagochtend over de repeater. Hij was toen /p.

    73, Tjeerd

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hallo Tjeerd, ja klopt, Steven is de beheerder van de repeater. Jammer dat ik je gemist hebt. 73 Paul

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic! I currently use a Marconi antenna, with many ground radials to achieve what you are doing.

    I do hope your MV5+3 it survives the winter.

    73

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts