Thursday, July 21, 2011

Web SDR

Web SDR can be very attractive because of monitoring some bands. The University of Eindhoven has two receivers online with the following bands: 80 m, 40 m, 6 m, 4 m and 2 meter. I can check easily if there is any propagation on e.g. 6 meter. I don’t have to search myself, just in one view I check the waterfall of the web SDR. I compared my antenna and receiver with the receiver and antenna of the University of Eindhoven, using WSPR on 40 meter. A good station to watch is DL6NL which is transmitting on 40 meter with 50 mW. I was using an end fed wire as sloper, and the University of Eindhoven a multiband vertical. Eindhoven received him with -23 dB. I received him with -24 dB. I live 100 km further away than Eindhoven. Conclusion: my receiving capability is OK with the end fed wire for 40 meter.

http://susanne.esrac.ele.tue.nl:8901/
http://lindsey.esrac.ele.tue.nl/

3 comments:

  1. Good morning Paul, I have not used Web SDR and what you have done with it is of great use for sure. I have PowerSDR setup at home and that too is great for seeing across a whole band to see what is going on out there. I also find it great for contests as well. Makes search and pounce much easier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Web SDR! I'll be receiving a SoftRock kit in October and I hope to get a server set up here in Costa Rica.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WebSDR en SDR in het algemeen is de toekomst denk ik Paul. Ik houd het in de gaten. 73, Bas

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts