Monday, June 6, 2011

Sporadic-E propagation at VHF

After a radioless weekend, and a lot of other fun, I charged my battery, so I am fit for the last part of working in the garden. I saw a pretty active sun and G1 geomagnetic storms over the weekend. It's good we have Sporadic E on 10 or 6 meter.

Great strides in sporadic-E achievements and theory have been made since amateurs discovered this fascinating propagation mode in the 1930s. This review of progress and future Prospects provides a practical guide for effective use of VHF sporadic-E propagation.

Read more >>>

I took my dual band hand held with me last weekend, but no activity on 2 meter and 70 cm. It is one of my needless purchases last year. It's good that the hand held has a FM broadcast band on board, so I can listen to something. Last night I worked RW3TP (see photo) on 20 meter with JT65A, a distance of 2500 km. And I was reported by KT1B, VE3ODZ and VK2XV. After that, I disconnected the cables because of heavy thunderstorms over here.

2 comments:

  1. Hallo Paul, mooi dat je weer terug bent. We zijn hier ook nog steeds druk in de tuin bezig. Zal er eens wat foto's van maken. De ES liet dit weekend niet van zich horen, althans niet in het noorden des lands. Heb zondag de radio heel even aan gehad om te luisteren naar conteststations op 6. Maar er was niets anders dan ruis te horen. 73, Bas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hallo Bas, onze tuin schiet al op. Ben intussen al drie weken bezig. Begin het wel een beetje zat te worden. Maar goed, het wordt wel mooi. Jammer dat de condities niet erg goed waren, ik heb dus niets gemist. ;-) 73 Paul

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts