Sunday, June 19, 2011

Rainy Sunday

Conditions seems to be reasonable on HF. On 40 meter it was very crowded with CW stations. It is too much for me. So I switched to the PSK part of the 40 meter band. Nobody there. How come? I gave a few CQ’s and G7JUR came back for me. Anyway, that was PSK31 for the 40 meter band. So I went to 20 meter PSK. Much more activity there. But when I gave CQ I am always on someone else’s frequency. Finally I ended up with JT65A on 20 meter, just listening see what comes along.

With 5 watt SSB I worked EH4DIE and EH5DIE on 20 meter, special stations from lighthouses in Spain. And on 40 meter I could break up the pile up to work GB2MOF (see photo) with 5 watt, Cockenzie & Port Seton Amateur Radio Club for National Museums On The Air Weekend and is located at the East Fortune Museum of Flight approximately 20 miles East of Edinburgh. Also worked GB4BRV.

With bpsk31 on 40 meter: DB1NWA and F4BEV.

2 comments:

  1. Good afternoon Paul, sorry to hear the weather was not so good out your way. We had a fantastic weekend here in Canada. The temp for both days was up around 30 and clear and sunny sky's. I have to get into this JT65 I have been doing lots of blog reading about it. I do have to ask I did notice on the blog the pic of the Elecraft KX3...are you planning on getting one???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mike, that's pretty hot. Well, the last past years spring is very hot and nice here, looks like summer. But summer itself is wet. Especially in August. Anyway, yes I am in love with the KX3. It is absolutely on my wish list. Now I have to win the lottery... ;-) 73 Paul

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts