Saturday, April 2, 2011

Wonderful weather

The weather is great today. About 20 C. Time for WSPR on 10 meter. Sporadic E is present. So far reported from VK2KRR and Chagos Islands VQ9JD, the last one a new DXCC for me.

Update: 10 meter was completely open. With WSPR I was also reported by Asiatic Russia UA9CUA and OH6GKW. With SSB I heard YB4IR Indonesia, A45XR Oman, and 4Z1AB, 5B4AIF and many more.
On 17 meter I worked with CW US5XDT and LZ2BRE.
On 20 meter I worked RK9LWA/P with CW. ES7GM with SSB. I heard JW/F8DVD with good signals here, but too many stations were calling him. QRP on 14060 KHz I worked EA2LU with 2 watt CW and OH7UM. I heard W1SOC calling ARCI contest.

Here you see results of 12 minutes calling on 20 meter with JT65A. I don't hear any other signals on 20 meter, only 2 RTTY stations but no CW. So JT65A is a really good mode. They hear me in the USA.

8 comments:

  1. Very nice picture Paul, we are almost rid of our snow and the next few days it is supposed to start warming up more and more. Spring is one of my favorite times of the year. It was nice to see some Blue jays and red wing black birds at the feeders this morning as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Mike, indeed, spring is the best time of the year. Have a nice weekend. 73 Paul

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ik dacht eerst dat je gewoon het standaard Windows XP achtergrond plaatje had gepakt. Maar het blijkt wel degelijk een echte foto. Hier ook prachtig weer rond de 21 graden maar wel met een hoop wind. Vandaag niet radio actief geweest, wel tuin actief. VQ9JD is een mooie....heb ik ook nog niet. 73, Bas

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous4/02/2011

    Hi Paul. I worked a couple of stations on 14.060 for the ARCI contest. Nice catch for me was the state of Utah. My Buddistick is NO Par! 73 Dick N2UGB

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hallo Bas, volgens mij is het ook een XP achtergrond, maar ik vond het wel toepasselijk op het weer van vandaag. ;-) 73 paul

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Dick, at the moment I checked 20 meter, but I don't hear signals on 20 meter. 49 meter is crowded because of SP CW contest. The end fed's are really great antenna's. 73 Paul

    ReplyDelete
  7. 10 meter vandaag (zondag) ook weer open, in de namiddag dit keer. Als de signalen eenmaal binnenkomen op die gekke band, dan valt er veel te werken. Gelukkig niet zo druk als 20 en 40.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hallo Roel, jammer, dat heb ik gemist. Ik had een verjaardag. Het beloofd wat die Es voor de echte Es maanden. 73 Paul

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts