Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Dipole removed

Because of a renovation of the garden the inverted V dipole for 80 and 40 meter is going down. I did place my short vertical for HF again, so I can work on 10 and 6 meter. And of course my end fed for 20 meter is still in the air. Maybe in October I will place another antenna for the lower bands.

The half Falcon 250B antenna for the higher bands. The efficiency of the antenna is not great, but I managed to work on the CW part of the 6 meter band. Good enough for the summer months.

My end fed wire for 20 meter can be tuned for 17 and 30 meter as well. So I can be active on enough HF bands.

7 comments:

  1. Hello Paul. Good time to do whatever has to be done to the garden. Better now while the higher bands are (on paper, hi) in pretty good shape. 73 Dick

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Paul. Fine combo, gardening and HF. With the summer coming 20 mtrs is great.
    73, Bert PA1B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hallo Bert, alles gaat uit de tuin. De tuin wordt helemaal leeg gemaakt, er komen nieuwe tegels, nieuwe planten, nieuwe vijver, nieuwe schutting. Kortom, we zijn een tijdje bezig. Ik denk de hele maand mei. En ik heb idd aan 20 meter genoeg. ;-) Vroeger werkte ik nooit op 30m of lager. Nu heb ik wel veel met de 40 meter band. Dus ik wil wel zeker weer kunnen werken op 40 meter in de toekomst. 73 Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dick, we will get a whole new garden and fence. And new plants and a pond and new pavement. So work enough. It will take the whole month of May. The first week we go to Paris with the kids and XYL because of 20 years anniversary of our marriage. My 20 meter end fed is enough for the time being. I can use the half falcon for 12 and 10 meter. 73 Paul

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you are doing very extensive renovations to the garden. Have a nice time in Paris and congrats on 20 years.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mike, indeed it is. But in a few weeks we'll have a nice garden. ;-) 73 Paul

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Paul:

    Lots of gardening work going on here as well - currently painting the house exterior white, also just bought a new pond liner and base sheet the rockery and paving are already here - good fun but not looking forward the resulting sore back !!! I'll make sure I have the FT817 rigged up nearby for the action ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts