Friday, April 8, 2011

2 Digit Milliwatting

If I can't go QRO (read 5 watt) on 40 meter than is QRPpp the best thing to do. Tonight my best DX with 50 milliwatt WSPR is LA9JO in Bardufoss, Norway, locator JP99ii, that's 24.426 MPW (miles per watt) Even my power meter gives no visible bar on my FT817 with attenuator. It is really fun to work with minimal power. The weather was great today, and it will stay this weekend.

Other DX with 50 milliwatt on 40 meter. Total of 8 DXCC tonight with 50 mW. Saturday morning I found out I used the wrong antenna. Instead of my 40 meter dipole, the end fed for 20 meter was connected.


My WSPR list on 30 meter this morning with 5 watt.

4 comments:

  1. Good evening Paul, yes it is great to see how little power will produce results. I surprised myself as well with QRPP just the other month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Paul, It's great FUN. QRPp and QRSS go very well together. 73, Bert

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hallo Paul,

    Je opmerking van de balk uitslag en verzwakker begrijp ik even niet. Je hebt je set op 500mW staan, 1 streepje. Vervolgens een 10dB verzwakker.

    73, Tjeerd

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hallo Tjeerd, ik bedoel eigenlijk dat bij 500 mW de FT817 soms geen enkele bar laar zien, soms 1. In eerste instantie dacht ik: komt er wel RF uit? 73 Paul

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts