Thursday, March 31, 2011

I am just an average guy

I imported all the postings of the old blog into the new blog, included all comments. Nothing is really lost, only some visitors, maybe. Not everyone is alert enough to change the blogroll. Sometimes I see in other blogs old URL’s of blogs that doesn’t exist any more. Maybe my blog is a bit boring. But I can’t always bring big news. Though, there is enough traffic to my blog to hold on. The few readers who are commenting so now and then are fellow hams with a blog also. I had 8600 visitors in March this year. My last blog had 752 postings and 2328 comments.

50% are comments that I gave on the comments that I get. It’s a average of 3 comments a day. Conclusion: only 0,5 % of my visitors leave a comment. It’s a relative normal percentage of reactions that blogs normally get. My blog is more an online logbook/journal. As K3NG said once: the normal “I did this today” blog. That’s my blog. If someone like it, OK.

My blog is an average blog. Nothing special. I let people know what I have worked. Not with the intention to be competitive. Because as a QRP operator with average antennas, I know there is always someone out there who work more DX and have better equipment and antennas. I am just an average guy who is playing with his radio.

12 comments:

  1. Hi Paul:
    Funny I was thinking about this last night - most big newsworthy items can be found elsewhere - I like to think of my Blog as a "Journal" a diary of events that I can reflect on, I also find it gives me a perspective of time and what I was doing during any given period - a reference if you like ! I like reading blogs, some are "Technical" and very useful, though can be conflicting at times as there's so much info available out there - I just like reading about the general day to day things that people get involved in, be it radio related or otherwise - Your Blog actually pops up first in my list here - so you always get first hit :-) Also blogs can be useful if your having troubles, ask the question - there's usually a helping hand out there.
    Keep em coming ...

    73' Peter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Peter,
    for me it is the same actually, seeing for instance what I did a year ago. I learned a lot of other blogs about technical things. When I came back after an absence of 30 years, Julian's G4ILO blog was a great help for me. I didn't know nothing about all the new digi modes. I have read his site completely. On the web we can find all kind of helpful sites and kind radio amateurs, 73 Paul

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning Paul, very impressive numbers with regards to hit's per month. I think I am doing great if I get around 300 hits in a month. But I am like you it is not at all about the numbers it is about having fun with the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mike, good morning, in the beginning (2008) I started low too. But the amount of visitors became more and more each month. The longer a blog exist, more and more people will come to visit it. it's a matter of time. 73 Paul

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Paul. I continue reading your blog with great pleasure. In fact, all the blogs on your list off to the side of this page. I just want to see what you and the rest are up to. The list of contacts interests me, short or long distance, rare dx or not. 73 Dick

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Dick, I totally agree with you. I like the way it is. 73 Paul

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you imported the old posts. The new design certainly looks good. I hope one day to have the time and courage to try to mess with mine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Julian, it would be a waste when I had lost all the old stuff from the old blog. I knew there was a possibility to import from one to another blog. Blogger has developed to a host with good features and all for free. 73 Paul

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hallo Paul, dat is nou juist zo leuk. Jij schrijft gewoon wat je doet met de hobby. Wat echt leuk is en wat niet iedereen doet is dat je reageert op reacties. Iedereen krijgt van jou een persoonlijk antwoord.
    Ik denk dat veel amateurs gewoon de hobby bedrijven zoals jij dat doet, maar niet iedereen denkt dat een ander dat interessant genoeg vind. Ooit heb jij eens geschreven dat de drijfveer ook is dat er niemand in jou omgeving is waar je je radio avonturen mee kan delen, met zo een blog maak je een eigen omgeving. Gewoon zo doorgaan, en wat betreft de nieuwe blog. Helemaal top ! 73, Bas

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hallo Bas, volgens mij reageer jij toch ook meestal op je reacties die je krijgt. ;-) Ik vind dat wel leuk, een interactie met je lezers. Ja, inderdaad dat heb ik ooit geschreven. En dat geldt nog steeds. Voorlopig ga ik gewoon door. 73 Paul

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Paul,

    "Just an average guy" - that makes two of us! And hey, I always enjoy reading about what you're up to.

    Larry W2LJ

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Larry, thanks for visiting my new blog. I always read your fascinating QRP stories. Though I do not always comment, but I enjoy reading your blog. Tonight I will try to see if I can hear some ASCI QRP contest activity. Have a nice weekend, 73 Paul

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts