Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Propagation to USA on 80 meter

A disadvantage is that I often encounter the same stations with JT65A. Also with good conditions the band is too small, there is almost no space for calling CQ without bothering other stations. I heard on 2 meter a discussion about JT65A. More hams discover the mode. ‘You easily work VK with QRP’ said someone. More people, more fun, unless they work not more than 30 watts. Because 80 meter JT65A was too crowded this morning I went to WSPR on 80 meter. Good conditions on 40 meter, like yesterday, is gone. When the K index is higher than 2, you can forget good propagations, is my experience. My DX (> 4000 km) reporters this morning are: N4RP, WD8DCJ, AC2AD, KC2STA, K1HTV (photo 1958, 16 years old, wonderful old photo). K1JT Joe Taylor. With JT65A: K2MJ and N1GKE.

4 comments:

  1. Hello Paul, I like the surrealistic FT450 on the page. It's something different. I made a QSO with KT1B this morning with the FT-817 5W into the loop. Signal report -10dB, not bad. I hope propagation will be better in 2 weeks ! 73, Bas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgot to mention that this QSO was on 80m !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hallo Bas, ik was alweer toe aan een andere template. Weer wat anders. Met photoshop kun je leuke dingen doen. Die loop van jou is natuurlijk fantastisch. Daar kan mijn dipooltje niet tegen op. ;-) 73 Paul

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hallo Bas, dat had ik wel begrepen. Het was druk op 80 vanmorgen met JT65A.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts