Sunday, February 13, 2011

Points for PACC participants

As I wrote yesterday, I do not participate with the PACC contest this year. Last night I thought they cancelled the PACC, because I almost heard nothing on 40 meter and 80 meter. Only a few stations. Last year both bands were very crowded. This morning it was different. 20 meter and 40 meter were very busy. So I gave some points away. First I was calling CQ on the QRP frequency on 20 meter. Nothing. Then I went for the contest to 20 meter SSB. With my FT817 and 5 watts I worked 20 countries and 7 Dutch provinces. Made 44 QSO's. Best DX was 5B4AIF (photo) Cyprus. For the rest of the day I join my family again.

10 comments:

  1. Good morning Paul, enjoy the time with the family and it's true when the contests are on it is very easy to bag lots of QSO's in a very short time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Mike, and tomorrow I will call in vain on 20 meter with SSB. ;-) 73 Paul

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Paul,
    I made about 190 CW QRP QSO's in the PACC.
    All with 5 Watts, except for a few stn's with a very strong signal, which I answered with 500 mW.
    It was more difficult than last year.
    I received already 8 PACC eQSL's.
    73, Bert

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hallo Bert, mooi resultaat. Ik las vandaag op iemand ze blog dat ie met low power werkte (100 watt) vond ik wel grappig. Ook met 5 watt SSB werd ik toch makkelijk gehoord. 73 Paul

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Paul, Norman in Cyprus isnt always easy to work as he generates quite a pile up ! Yes I gave away some points as well, I use the contacts to check my setup on 80m a band I havent used much until now.

    73 Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous2/13/2011

    Looks like everyone had a great time. That's what it's all about. 73 Dick N2UGB

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Paul
    I wanted to take part but other things happened here so I missed it - pity, also there was solar activity over the weekend.

    73 Peter

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Paul, I think he was calling CQ contest that it was a bit easier to work him this time. 80 m is also a great band. 73 Paul

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Dick, it's nice that once a year they like to work PA. ;-) 73 Paul

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Peter, now you'll have to wait till next year. Maybe we came across each other on HF some day. 73 Paul

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts