Monday, February 21, 2011

Nice SSB contacts

First I started to listen to CW on 14060KHz. I only heard 1 station with a very sloppy CW, I couldn't make anything out of it. So I moved to the SSB part of the 40 meter band with my FT817. With my 817 I will be heard always. That isn't always with my FT-450 with the same power. So I made a QSO with F4GBW Mike from Roubaix. We have worked before, last year in February. Also worked GX4BJC/A Cliff from Grimsby, UK. We had a nice QSO. It was a special station: G4BJC is the Club call sign for the International Short Wave League, and is administered by Arthur Kinson, G0KOC. The call is available for the League members to operate on a monthly basis from any of the U.K. call areas, using any of the following prefixed call signs Plus /A or /P. On 20 meter I worked IO5ANT and S59EKL with SSB.

2 comments:

  1. Paul, dat begrijp ik niet. Hoe kan dat dan dat je met de FT817 wel gehoord word en met de FT450 niet met hetzelfde vermogen? Dat is theoretisch lijkt me onmogelijk. Zit dat niet puur in je hoofd? Of is de modulatie van de FT817 zoveel beter? 73, Bas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hallo Bas, het klinkt onlogisch, dat ben ik met je eens, maar ik denk toch dat de modulatie van de FT817 beter is. Maar we kunnen het een keer op 80 uitproberen.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts