Friday, November 12, 2010

DX Sherlock now available for HF

Probably you already noticed that DX sherlock is now available for HF also. Especially for WSPR reports. You can find out very quick what conditions are on HF. First I thought it was necessary that I put in all the WSPR reports myself, but somehow they show up automatically. I wonder for a long time what we are doing with the enormous pile of WSPR data? It would be fine if there were stats, so that we could check how many DXCC is reported for instance. In the beginning I keep on track the reports on a spreadsheet. But I stopped. It's too much work. Is there someone smart out there who could make something for Excel to import the data, so that we can make stats? When I let run WSPR for a day or so, I got hundreds (maybe thousands) of reports. Maximum to view is 200 reports. So it's only possible to see only the last 200 reports. (If I am wrong, please tell me) The question is: do we really want to know all of the data? Or is it like 30 years ago, that I told someone "I worked most all of the world" (QRO of course) and that's it? I am afraid so. (DX Sherlock 20 m)

PA BEKER CONTEST
This weekend is the PA BEKER CONTEST for Dutch radio amateurs only. 2,5 hours CW Saturday and 2,5 hours SSB Sunday. From 9.00 o'clock till 11.30 UTC on 80 and 40 meter. You know that I am not really a contester, but I will participate in this one. Just like the PACC in February. Only: Conditions are not favorable for the contest this weekend. Zero sunspots, and an active geomagnetic field. And rain: not good for my SWR. ;-) OK, we will see...

Today I worked RK6CI on 12 meter with BPSK31. I also heard PH1CP Cees on 12 meter, he lives nearby (about 10 km). On 80 meter in the late afternoon I worked with BPSK31 F1SLM, DO5SMC, DM7CC, DL7GN and LA5BBA.

2 comments:

  1. Hallo Paul, DX Sherlock is interessant ik had het nog niet gezien. Die oproep voor een progje voor WSPR data heb ik al eens op het forum van WSPRnet gezet. Maar weinig reactie, toch moet het wel mogelijk zijn. Ik probeer het altijd wel bij te houden, maar op gegeven moment raak je het overzicht kwijt. Als het automatisch ging was het makkelijker...
    Zijn de zonnevlekken belangrijk voor deze contest? Ik weet het niet, het gaat nl. alleen binnen Nederland en ik weet niet hoe belangrijk condities zijn voor NVIS. Maar we zullen zien...hopelijk zit het weer een beetje mee zaterdag want de loop moet nog opgezet worden...
    73, Bas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hallo Bas, gelukkig neemt de wind wel af, maar het blijft toch wel wat waaien. Ja, de zonnevlekken zijn van invloed. Condities op 80 zijn nu redelijk terwijl ze meestal goed waren. De ene keer word ik wel gehoord op 80 meter met qrp, maar soms ook heel moeilijk. Nou goed, we zien wel. Succes met het opzetten van de loop. 73 Paul

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts