Monday, November 29, 2010

CW Ain't Dead Yet

My ears still squeak after the CQ WW DX Contest. CW stations all over the place. CW ain't dead yet. Yesterday I had a family meeting, and I was back home at 9 PM. I put on the rig for the last few qso's on 40 and 80 meters. But my computer was doing strange. Their seems to be a problem with the soundcard, and suddenly I got a blue screen. Something you don't want to see. By the way, 40 and 80 were so very crowded that I couldn't make something out of it. It was very difficult with so many stations all together. First I wanted to solve the PC problem, it took me two hours, and then the contest was over. Nevertheless, I worked Saturday 64 stations and that is a lot for me.

This morning I worked on 40 meter with BPSK31 LA2JEA. Also DF1GB, SP7CKU, DL4VAQ and OK1DOZ. And last night OE7SBH on 80 meter.

Tonight on 80 meter: M6AIG, RW4PFF (3000 km) and DO3MSI with BPSK31.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Paul,

    Good work on the 64 stations.
    I have seen a few blue screens and they make for a bad day or longer.

    Have A Nice Week.
    Jim - W2KLM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Helemaal niet gek Paul, ik heb alleen 40m gekozen dit jaar. Vorig jaar werd ik 2e achter PA2REH op 80m. Volgend jaar doe ik waarschijnlijk 20m en het jaar daar op 15m. Omdat het CW is wil ik niet steeds band switchen. Voor mij is het toch al moeilijk omdat ik alle decodes met de computer doe. Een hele hoop giswerk is dat, want lang niet alles word goed gedecodeerd. 73, Bas

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jim, I was lucky to fix the problem soon. 73 Paul

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hallo Bas, ik gebruik CW skimmer soms als hulpmiddel, grotendeels doe ik het op gehoor. Daarmee hoor ik of de software juist werkt. Als ik alleen CW skimmer gebruik zonder dat ik het kan horen vind ik heel vreemd. Ik vertrouw de software dan niet. Met PSK of andere digi modes, hoef je daar geen zorgen om te maken. Ik stuur mijn log niet op. Ik was alleen maar punten verstrekker. 73 Paul

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts