Thursday, October 14, 2010

QRPp

This is Zdeno OM3WZM (photo qrz.com) from Slovak Republic, I worked him before breakfast with 5 watt BPSK31 on 80 meter band. He said: good signal for 5 watt. That means I should work with less power. I managed an attenuator (-10 db) for my FT817, so I can work QRPp with 50 milliwatt on HF. Mainly for QRSS, WSPR and JT65A. Maybe even CW. PA3GNZ Tjeerd gave me this idea. With PE4BAS earlier this year we managed a QSO after we lowered the power with BPSK on 80 meter to 1 watt successfully. New goal: chasing DXCC with 50 milliwatt on 80, 40, 30, 20, 17, 15, 12 and 10 meter band. Why? Because 5 watt is relatively spoken QRO. ;-) This week I was reported in VK and ZL again. I need a new challenge.

WSPR with 5 watt on 20 meter. Nice catch was Greenland OX3XR.

7 comments:

  1. Hallo Paul, dat is zeker een mooie uitdaging. Ik ben benieuwd naar de resultaten. 73, Bas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paul,

    Meer info over verzwakken op deze site.
    http://a29.veron.nl/pa1b.htm

    73, Tjeerd

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hallo Bas, lijkt ook leuk om te doen. 73 Paul

    ReplyDelete
  4. hallo Tjeerd, bedankt voor de link, leuke en informatieve site. Ik heb de link van PA1B op de site gezet. 73 Paul

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Paul, as usual, well done. How about DXCC QRP using a dummy load as an antenna. How is that for a challenge? 73 Dick

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Dick, you would be surprised. I let you know... ;-) 73 Paul

    ReplyDelete
  7. Paul,

    I like the way you think! QRPp DXCC - way to go!

    73 de Larry W2LJ

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts