Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Hello Peter...!

Today I saw Peter G4NKX on my screen with WSPR on 40 meter. Always funny to see a fellow radio amateur who I know only from blogging.

From 11.57 UTC I switched to my FT817 and 0,5 watt and my indoor Miracle Whip. I also received Peter as well with this antenna. So his antenna works very well. I think my inverted dipole could perform better but one part is too close to the house, maybe the radiation angle of my dipole is unfavourable for Peter.

Finally Peter reported me too... with 5 watt and inv v dipole (and I disabled the antenna tuner which is not necessary on 40 meter because the dipole is resonant on 40)

I received DL6NL who was running only 50 milliwatt on 40 meter. Distance 475 km.

8 comments:

  1. Hoi Paul, WSPR met zo weinig vermogen en een binnenantenne en dan nog zulke afstanden. Dit is echt QRPP. 73, Bas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hallo Bas, altijd nog verrassend wat je met een 0,5 watt kan bereiken. Blijft leuk om mee te experimenteren. 73 Paul

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paul,

    Leuk experiment. Ik heb afgelopen weekend ook met 50mW het e.e.a. gedaan op 30M. Ik moet hier nog over schrijven.

    73, Tjeerd

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hallo Tjeerd, ik ben benieuwd naar je experiment op 30 meter. 73 Paul

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Paul
    I was wondering when our rf paths would cross, Its only 438Km distance (Nearer than I thought)I always remember working to PA land during the afternoon on 40m because of the skip - lots of information to analyse on Wspr.

    GL - de Peter

    ReplyDelete
  6. That kind of connection is cool....the net and the air waves.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Peter, I saw your signal coming up and down, from -18 to +4 db funny to see. 73 Paul

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Mike, I love those software. It's another dimension of radio. 73 Paul

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts