Friday, September 3, 2010

Google Chrome Browser

I was reluctant and suspicious about Google Chrome browser. I was not satisfied with Explorer 6 and 7. I used over the years Firefox as my standard browser. It was the best they told me. Since I have a new machine with OS Windows 7, Firefox wasn’t fast anymore. So I downloaded Google Chrome and installed it on my new computer. It was stunning how fast this browser is. Unbelievable. I wish I had it before. And an advantage is that you can translate any web site immediately in any language you want. What do we want more?

On HF at the moment is not much to hear. I check all bands with PSK31 to see if there is any activity. Only on 20 meter I see several stations. On 40 meter I worked with 5 watt only one station SP6ECQ Waclaw from Rakowice Wielkie, Poland.

This afternoon I worked with 5 watt CW on 14.060 KHz UA1AFT/QRP Vas from St. Petersburg, Russia.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Paul,

    Good to see you back blogging again, yes I use google chrome as well, but only on the laptop, on this pc I use IE and upstairs in the shack I use mozilla firefox !

    Dont ask me why, but certain browsers work better on certain machines, for me anyway.

    73 Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Paul,

    On my old computer with OS Windows XP Firefox was excellent. But not on my OS W7. I think we have to do trial and error, to find out. 73 Paul

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Paul, I have heard of Google Chrome but that's about it. I will check out the web page and give it a go on my Vista machine. I am happy with XP and Firefox on the other computers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Mike, as long as you are satisfied with Firefox, nothing is wrong. ;-) 73 Paul

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hallo Paul, Ik heb firefox geprobeerd in het verleden, maar het is zo ongelooflijk langzaam dat je al 2 pagina's hebt gelezen voordat firefox alleen al opgestart is. Ik gebruik nu zowel IE als Chrome. Van Chrome gebruik ik altijd de nieuwste BETA versie te vinden HIER. Er kan geen browser tegenop. Op mijn mobiele telefoon en in Linux prefereer ik Opera (Mini)overigens. Opera is ook niet verkeerd. 73, Bas

    ReplyDelete
  6. hallo Bas, ik heb nu ook de beta versie. Werkt erg goed. 73 Paul

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts