Saturday, September 4, 2010

Alinco DX-SR8E

When checking vhfsx.info I believe the Es season is over. It’s always a summer event between early May and late August. Now we are moving slowly to the winter season and we are taking advantage of the increasing conditions on 40 and 80 meter. WSPR on 80 meter yesterday: maximum distance of 600 km. One exception was Norway with 1375 km. Today I saw the Alinco HF transceiver DX-SR8E. It seems like a nice transceiver for QRP enthusiast because it has a S-low power function to set the output between 0,5 watt and 2 watt. Also 10 watt and 100 watt. For QRP lovers a fine transceiver when you don’t like to homebrew yourself. Only one thing I miss is a VOX. I never saw a VOX before with Alinco transceivers. Why? I ordered a Alinco transceiver last year, but when I found out that there was no VOX, I cancelled the order. I think this transceiver can fill the gap of losing the IC-703 from the market, which is still a shame.

Tonight I had a few CW QSO's on 14.060 KHz. With 4X1DM/QRP Dani from Merom Hagalil, Israel distance 3403 km, R3DAU/QRP yar from Russia, and SM6PDS Leif from Brämhult, Sweden.

4 comments:

  1. Hello Paul. I always thought the Alinco HF rigs were under-appreciated by many in the ham community. I worked several East-European amateurs years ago on HF cw who were using the un-complicated, modestly priced DX-70 transceiver.

    Glad to see Alinco is still in business.

    73 Dick

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dick, yes I know that a lot don't like the Alinco line, but the amateurs I know that work with Alinco rigs are very pleased with it. Now this one is interesting because of the real QRP power possibilities. Have a nice weekend, 73 Paul

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hallo Paul, ik bezit zelf een Alinco portofoon die het altijd prima doet. Op HF hoor je niet zoveel amateurs met een Alinco. Deze radio ziet er leuk uit, maar de knopjes zijn wel erg klein. 't is meer iets voor mijn dochter ;-) 73, Bas

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hallo Bas, jong geleerd, oud gedaan. ;-) 73 Paul

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts